Mobil™ was the first major oil supplier in the UK to be officially dexos2 licensed
Mobil was the first major oil supplier in the UK to have developed a range of engine oils designed to meet all the specific requirements of gasoline and diesel engines used in GM vehicles across Europe.
Mobil 1™ ESP 0W-40 and Mobil Super™ 3000 Formula G 5W-30 are fully approved to meet the specific GM requirements, and will carry the dexos™ icon and trademark on the front label.
■ dexos2 is required for all 2010 new GM / Opel / Vauxhall / Chevrolet diesel and gasoline models (dexos2 is also backward compatible with older Opel specifications)
GM Powertrain Fuel and Lubes engineers have developed the dexos engine oil specification – a proprietary, global engine oil specification designed specifically for GM vehicles that will:
- Further improve fuel economy and fuel economy retention, allowing the oil to maintain its fuel economy benefits throughout the life of the oil
- Provide a more robust formulation for added engine protection
- Support GM’s Engine Oil Life System (EOLS)
- Ensure worldwide availability of high quality oil for factory and service fill needs
- Reduce the duplication of requirements for a large number of internal GM engine oil specifications
For more information on the dexos2 licence, go to www.gmdexos.com